Sunday 25 March 2007

Sunday Night

Typical Sunday so far. Forgot the hour went forward (or did it go back?) and got up late, couldn't decide whether the meal I was supposed to have was breakfast, brunch, lunch or afternoon tea so ended up having neither. Spent the day walking Millie the stupid dog, trying to avoid having it dislocate my shoulder whilst chasing after ducks. Millie has the worst sense of smell of any creature on the planet. I once read that a dog can smell and spoonful of salt in a bath tub full of water - oh Yeah? If that's the case, why do they shove their noses right into one another's bottoms eh, you'd think it would take their heads clean off!

Millie is a disappointment all round, is supposed to be a retriever but never actually grew into being one. It is so embarrassing walking it when people ask "How old is your puppy" and you have to say "Three actually".

The very WORST part of dog walking though (other than the obvious one of picking up the poo ( tip for new dog owners, only ever do this DOWN WIND)), is coming across tweedy, middle-aged f-idiots who look at you and say "Oh, are you Millies Dad"?, to which I invariably reply "Yes, can't you tell, she has my eyes", (memo to self, tweedy, middle-aged doggie Frau's do not do irony).

Now sitting in the lounge watching Jane bloody Austin because Mrs Guru got first dibs on the remote. It's not that I dislike Jane bloody Austin (although I do), it's just so irritating listening to the needlessly long dialogue. Why are all the sentences so long?! "Oh Mr Darcy I declare that my friend Miss Bennett was recently, and most unexpectedly talking of you when I blah, blah" - was Austin paid per word or something? I mean bloody hell the entire thing could be over in a fraction of the time, have they never heard of brevity? If a bloke had written it, it would be all over ages ago and I could now be watching Peter Kay who is on the other channel!

What is it about Sunday nights? I have NEVER liked them, right from when I was a kid and it was Black and White Minstrel show on TV, Sing something Bloody simple on the radio, bread and butter for tea then bath and bed! Even now I get that 'school tomorrow' feeling!

Have a client presentation tomorrow, will spend much of the morning in a glass-lined goldfish bowl pretending to be a conference room fielding inane cliches such as 'what are the deliverables on this project?" or "What are the leveraged synergies associated with the downsides"?

Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, loving the blogs, keep writing, they're keeping my in hysterics!! Especially the part about Barbara and her fat chronies on her 40th!! hehe. Lots of love, Kate xxxxx